Places to Visit
- The Farne islands to see seals and birdlife boats run from Seahouses harbour - Billy Shiels Boat Trips - Link Serenity Boat Trips - Link
- The Holy Island of Lindisfarne, a tidal governed island a short drive up the coast (35 min drive) Beware of the tide! - Link
- Bamburgh Castle Historic castle dominating the skyline worth a visit and tour - Link
- Alnwick Castle - Link - One of the UK’s most iconic Castles. Venue for several top filmings, Harry Potter, Black Adder and Downton Abbey.
- Alnwick Gardens - Link - large ornamental gardens alongside the castle (tickets can be purchased for either or a discount for both).
- Alnwick a market town which has market days on Saturday 9-4, Thursday (April – December 9-4). A farmers and craft market is on the last Friday in the month but every Friday in December.
- Alnwick is the home of the famous Barter Book shop in the old station - Link
- Chillingham Castle - near Alnwick labelled Britains most haunted Castle! Lots of good reviews in our visitors book for trips here! - Link
- The coastal path links all the seaside towns and villages. A good walk is south around Beadnell Bay to Lower-Newton, Embleton , Dunstanburgh, Craster (with its smokery) all the villages have pubs and cafes with food available.
- A bus route links the villages. The times are available online.
- Alnmouth or Berwick train stations give you access to the East Coast mainline. Alnmouth to Newcastle 30 mins, Alnmouth to Edinburgh 1hr 20mins Berwick to Edinburgh 50 mins, Berwick to Newcastle 50mins. Train times available online.
Places to Eat
- Craster Arms - Link - Dog friendly local village pub with large beer garden and serving food. Good reviews on Trip Advisor.
- The Beadnell Towers - Link - Dog Friendly local village pub serving food. Good reviews on Trip Advisor.
- Salt Water Café/Bistro - Link - café / bistro open all day serving breakfast, lunch, afternoon teas and evening meals. Good reviews on Trip Advisor
- The Landings Cafe bar - Link New Sept 22 Near the beach Car Park Serving Drinks /Snacks / Food
- Bamburgh Castle Hotel - Link - Dog Friendly Area Recently Renovated and Good food
- 2-3 Fish and Chip Restaurants
- Elan Pizzeria - Link - Italian Restaurant
- Insieme Restaurant - Link – Italian Restaurant
- Indian Brasserie (Excellent Food) - Link
- Black Swan Inn - Link - Good food but expensive
- Seahouses Golf Club (The Real taste of Northumberland) - Link - Food served daily. Check times as have seasonal opening
- Spice House - Link - Bangledeshi and Indian Cuisine Restaurant
- King Kebab Takeaway - Link - Pizzas, Kebabs & Burgers - Menu in Cottage - Tel 01665720002 (Stuffed Crust Pizzas are Excellent)
- TL Chinese Takeaway - Link - Tel 01665721416 - Menu in Cottage
- The Ship Inn - Low Newton-by-the-Sea - Link
- The Joiners Arms - High Newton-by-the-Sea - Link
- Dunstanburgh Golf Club - Embleton - Link - Good Bar food
- The Jolley Fisherman - Craster - Link
- Victoria Hotel - Bamburgh - Link
- Lord Crewe - Bamburgh - Link
- The Castle Inn - Bamburgh - Link
- Potted Lobster - Bamburgh - Link - As featured on The Hairy Bikers