Local Area Information
In and around Beadnell is a plethora of attractions and eateries here are only a few suggestions:
- Craster Arms - crasterarms.co.uk - Dog friendly local village pub with large beer garden and serving food. Good reviews on Trip Advisor.
- The Beadnell Towers - beadnelltowers.co.uk - Dog Friendly local village pub serving food. Good reviews on Trip Advisor (Closed due to Refurbishment).
- Salt Water Café/Bistro - saltwatercafe.co.uk - New café / bistro open all day serving breakfast, lunch, afternoon teas and evening meals. Good reviews on Trip Advisor
- Links Hotel - linkshotel-seahouses.co.uk - Dog friendly excellent food
- Seahouses Golf Club Bistro
- 2-3 Fish and Chip Restaurants
- Elan Pizzeria - Italian Restaurant - www.elanpizzeria.co.uk
- Insieme Restaurant - Italian Restaurant - insieme-restaurant.uk
- Spice House - Bangledeshi and Indian Cuisine Restaurant - www.spicehouse-seahouses.co.uk
- Indian Brasserie
- TL Chinese Takeaway – Tel 01665 721416 ( menu with leaflets)
- The Ship Inn - Low Newton-by-the-Sea - www.shipinnnewton.co.uk
- The Joiners Arms - High Newton-by-the-Sea - joiners-arms.com
- Dunstanburgh Golf Club - Embleton - www.dunstanburgh.com
- The Greys Inn - Embleton - 01665576983
- Sambuca Blue Bell (Italian) - Embleton - www.facebook.com/sambucabluebell
- The Jolley Fisherman - Craster - www.thejollyfishermancraster.co.uk
- The Farne islands to see seals and birdlife boats run from Seahouses harbour - www.farne-islands.com
- The Holy Island of Lindisfarne, a tidal governed island a short drive up the coast (35 min drive) Beware of the tide! - www.lindisfarne.org.uk
- Bamburgh Castle Historic castle dominating the skyline worth a visit and tour - www.bamburghcastle.com
- Alnwick Castle - www.alnwickcastle.com - One of the UK’s most iconic Castles. Venue for several top filmings, Harry Potter, Black Adder and Downton Abbey.
- Alnwick Gardens - www.alnwickgarden.com - Large ornamental gardens alongside the castle (tickets can be purchased for either or a discount for both).
- Alnwick a market town which has market days on Saturday 9-4, Thursday (April – December 9-4). A farmers and craft market is on the last Friday in the month but every Friday in December.
- Alnwick is the home of the famous Barter Book shop in the old station - www.barterbooks.co.uk
- Chillingham Castle - near Alnwick labelled Britains most haunted Castle! Lots of good reviews in our visitors book for trips here! - www.chillingham-castle.com
- The coastal path links all the seaside towns and villages. A good walk is south around Beadnell Bay to Lower-Newton, Embleton , Dunstanburgh, Craster (with its smokery) all the villages have pubs and cafes with food available.
- A bus route links the villages. The times are available online.
- Alnmouth or Berwick train stations give you access to the East Coast mainline. Alnmouth to Newcastle 30 mins, Alnmouth to Edinburgh 1hr 20mins Berwick to Edinburgh 50 mins, Berwick to Newcastle 50mins. Train times available online.
- Seahouses - (1.7 miles) - www.seahousesgolf.co.uk
- Dunstanburgh Castle - (6.4 miles) - www.dunstanburgh.com
- Bamburgh - (7.1 miles) - www.bamburghcastlegolfclub.co.uk
- Alnwick - (13.8 miles) - www.alnwickcastlegolfclub.co.uk
- Alnmouth Foxton - (15 miles) - www.alnmouthgolfclub.com
- Alnmouth Village - (15.2 miles) - avgc.azurewebsites.net
- Goswick Links - (19.4 miles) - www.goswicklinksgc.co.uk
All within a 20 mile radius.